The CILIP Library Fund will invest in the development and modernisation of UK library and information services in all sectors.
A fair and prosperous society relies on access to information and knowledge. Libraries and information services make communities stronger, support research and innovation, and help businesses grow.
Or text FUND19 £5 to 70070
As well as crowdfunding we will fundraise through sponsors, supporters and legacies.
What will the fund support?
The CILIP Library Fund will support information services and libraries to develop, improve and modernise their services. It will focus on these areas of CILIP’s 2016 – 2020 strategic plan:
- Advocacy: including marketing, promotion and impact
- Workforce development: including leadership
- Standards and innovation: including innovations in service design, delivery methods and technology
As well as project activities applications for funding can include
- Traditionally hard to fund costs such as equipment, salaries, training and development
- Speculative costs such as new product development
- Match funding other sources such as the Heritage Lottery Fund, EU project funds and Arts Council England
It will not be used to replace or duplicate core funding to public libraries.
All UK-based information services and libraries will be welcome to apply.
Applications will be considered on a competitive basis including the ability to demonstrate need, relevance to CILIP’s strategic aims and to make a case for the wider sector relevance of the proposal.
How can I apply?
Applications for funding will open in early 2018.
For media and fundraising queries contact Mark Taylor, Director of External Relations: email@example.com