A summary of the 12 September 2013 Council meeting.
What was discussed?
- Advocacy and public affairs activity.
- Public libraries advocacy, campaigning and networking.
- Progress with the Branch and Group Review.
- Professional Registration regulations.
- Arrangements for 2014 elections.
- Year to date information about finance and membership.
- To seek member views on potential CPD forum.
- Approved new model for Regional Member Networks in England.
- Endorsed the EBLIDA 'right to e-read' campaign and agreed to promote the campaign in the UK.
- Agreed a programme of work on equalities, mainly to take place in 2014.
- To set up a joint working group to consider the implications of the referendum on Scottish independence for CILIP and CILIP
Agenda and papers
The following papers are provided to Councillors for the purposes of stimulating discussion and debate and do not necessarily reflect current or future CILIP policy. For more information on the decisions made at Council meetings we recommend you read these papers alongside the meeting summary and minutes which are published shortly after the meeting. If you have any questions or queries about the contents of these documents or Council meetings generally contact firstname.lastname@example.org.